Sunday, June 21, 2009

Power Trio "e" Coming to a town near you!



I am so excited about the recent news that "e" is out soon!

Adrian Belew Power Trio is:
Adrian Belew - Guitar
Julie Slick - Bass
Eric Slick - Drums

Adrian Belew has a new album that is due out soon! The is the first album with Julie & Eric assisting in the development of the final product! AND.........they are coming to Asheville August 24th at the Orange Peel. YAY!!!!!!!! That is one day after my good friend arrives from Sao Paulo, Brasil and two days after my Birthday. This is a great present for both of us actually! Bands like King Crimson, Adrian Belew, The Bears and such just don't make the trek too often to Brasil.

He did get the chance to see Robert Fripp open for the G3 tour in Sao Paulo but that is the closest Dj has ever come to seeing King Crimson or Adrian Belew live. The last time I saw them was a couple years ago now in Asheville at Stella Blue a small club in comparison to the Orange Peel. At the time I made this poster for the show (on my own not a commissioned poster) and took a few copies to the gig to have them signed. Eric, Julie and Adrian all signed the 3 copies I had printed and I was going to send one of them to the Slicks mother Robin as a gift. I left it with Julie and something happened on the way to the forum it got lost in the shuffle of gig traveling.
But hey it's the thought that counts anyway and no harm no fowl.

"Typographical poster is at the top of this post"

I may have to come up with something for this gig too! Anyway .....I am excited by the news that they are coming to my state this time around. If the Adrian Belew Power Trio is playing anywhere near your town make sure go RUN to see them do not miss it!

Peace,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment